SATS Curriculum Options
Students can choose what to study from the following options:
1. To only study for a certificate - 1st year level.
There are two certificates to choose from:
- Certificate in Christian Counselling
- Certificate in Christian Life *
* The Certificate in Christian Life is the general certificate. However, you can still focus on Missions, Youth - or Children's Ministry.
At the end of the curriculum, you will have earned 120 credits and you will thus obtain a formal certificate.
2. To study toward a 3 Year Theological degree (BTh).
The three year theological degree is divided into three levels, each earning 120 credits. The levels are divided as follows:
- The first year level is the same as the above certificate, so you choose from the same options as in paragraph 1 above. *
- The second year level.
- The third year level is your degree level.
* Take note: The First-year Full-time Biblical Studies course OR online Electronic Biblical Studies course (please peruse the articles under the Full Time Menu / EBS Menu), if completed, all the requirements are met and the course is passed, earns the student 108 Credits toward the degree.
The credits are awarded as follows:
|BIB1123||Essential Bible Study Principles||12|
|BIB1123||Words & Works of Jesus
|BIB2124||The Book of Acts||12|
|BIB2123||The Historical Books||12|
|BIB3121||The Wisdom Books||12|
|BIB3122||The General Epistles||12|
|TOTAL CREDITS EARNED||108|
Contact our offices for further enquiries.
After earning all 360 credits, you will receive your BTh degree.
3. To study toward a Bachelor of Theology Honours.Please contact our office for further information.
Take note that you have to choose which outcome you prefer at the start of your studies. If you eg enrol just for a certificate, but afterward want to change your curriculum to a three year degree, you will pay an administration fee for the change of the curriculum.
Our staff are most eager to help you with choosing a curriculum that will complement the calling that God has on you life, so you are welcome to contact our office for further assistance.
4. To study toward a Masters degree and / or Doctorate.
If you enrol for a Masters degree, you can specialise in the following fields:
- Practical Theology
- Systematic Theology
- Pastoral Counselling
- Biblical Studies
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Children's Ministry
- Bible Translation
- Church Management
- Church Leadership
- Church History
- Biblical Greek