This section will help students to conform to SATS expectations and standards and is a must read before submitting assignments and exams.
- SATS Student Handbook
The South African Theological Seminary (SATS) is an academic institution that wants to bring honour to Christ and therefore values the Biblical principle of excellence. We attach here under the Student Handbook written by SATS in which the Academic Rules are set out.
Please download and familiarise yourself with the content to avoid disappointment or loss of subjects.
- If you have any administrative enquiries, eg. subject orders & enrolment, contact the Living Word Academic Adminsitrator.
- If you have academic enquiries, you are welcome to contact your lecturer or make a forum post on MySats.
Should you have any further questions, you are welcome to contact the Correspondence Administrator. (See under Contact Us.)
- Academic Writing & Theological Research - Dr Kevin Smith
This book contains compulsory information on the content and format of assignments.
Examples of the content:
- In-text Citations
- The Bibliography
- Formatting an Academic Paper
To purchase the compulsory book, please contact the Correspondence Administrator.
- Academic Writing Guide - Dr Mark Pretorius
This guide will help you to plan and write a good assignment.
- Assignment Assessment Criteria
All markers grade according to the assignment assessment criteria document issued by SATS. Please find attached this document.
- Submitting assignments
(See under Uploads & Results)